We are committed to high standards
- We do all we can to ensure volunteers, fundraisers and fundraising contractors working with us comply with the Code and with this Promise.
- We comply with the law including those that apply to data protection, health and safety and the environment.
We are honest and open
• We tell the truth and do not exaggerate.
• We do what we say we are going to do.
• We answer all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs.
We are clear
• About who we are, what we do and how your gift is used.
• How much of the purchase price we receive, where we have a promotional agreement with a commercial company.
• We give an explanation of how you can make a gift and amend a regular commitment.
We are respectful
• About the rights, dignities and privacy of our supporters and beneficiaries.
• Of your decision and will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift if you do not want to give, or wish to cease giving.
• If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way, and we will not do so.
We are fair and reasonable
• We take care not to use any images or words that cause unjustifiable distress or offence.
• We take care not to cause unreasonable nuisance or disruption.
We are accountable
• If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint.
• If we cannot resolve your complaint, we accept the authority of the Fundraising Standards Board to make a final adjudication.